- I love music!!! I have played the piano since I was 6, and it is definitely one thing that can calm me down.
- I really like to cook. I don't seem to have a lot of time for it lately, but there's nothing better than a home cooked meal! Maybe I can do more of it in the near future.
- Sometimes I just like to be alone, and I'm ok with that, lol!!!
- I have FIVE nephews, and I would like a neice sometime soon!!! (Hint, hint!).
- I absolutely love technology! I have a lot of gadgets, and I don't know what I would do without them! I have iPod's and an iPad in my classroom, and before the tornado I also had an interactive whiteboard, which I absolutely LOVED!! I am the technology representative for my school at the district level, and I have taught several technology professional developments at my school and others.
- When I graduated from college, I went and got my dream car at the time, a Nissan Maxima. I have always wanted one, and it has not disappointed me! I still have it and when it is time for another car I think I'll get another Maxima.
- I love to read. When I was younger and living with my parents, I had three bookcases in my room, it was ridiculous. My favorite was Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys, which I still read as an adult. I have a NookColor, and I absolutely love, I usually have 2-4 books waiting in my queue, just waiting to be read.
- Shhh!!! Don't tell anyone, but I think I really like Kindergarten! I moved to K this year, after teaching 1st grade for 3 years. Sometimes I miss it terribly, but K has really grown on me! I think I might want to stay!
- I love polka dots! My entire classroom is covered in them! My new classroom is covered in them also. Pretty soon I will post pictures of my old classroom and my new classroom!! The polka dots remain!
- I have fallen in love with Pinterest. I almost don't know what to do with myself. I haven't been able to get on it in the past few days, but when I do, it's as if entire blocks of time disappear, because I get lost in the pins!
- I am a notorious blog stalker. There are so many teachers who are wonderful, smart, and talented, and it's about time they received notice for it!
- I like to entertain and to be entertained! Since buying my house this year, I've had a couple of get togethers, and I have found that I like it. I also like going to get togethers!
Ok!! On to Natalie's questions!
1. What is your favorite weekend activity?
I like to catch up on TiVo, hang with friends, or sometimes, just read a good book!
2. Dogs or cats?
Neither, I have a classroom fish from about 3 years ago, that is somehow alive and kicking!
3. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
I really like to teach reading. It has always been my goal to become a reading specialist or reading coach. Reading is the key to everything, and I want my kiddos to enjoy it!
4. What is your favorite cocktail?
Hmmmm........I like margaritas, but I also like moscato, perfect drinks for me!
5. How do you unwind after a long week at school?
See answer above......no, but really, I like to either do absolutely nothing, or take an extended nap, or just do things around the house, but to music, which really makes it relaxing.
6. If you won the lottery, what would you do with your winnings?
I would definitely take care of my parents, pay off student loans, mortgage, and buy things for my classroom!
7. What are your favorite color combinations?
Hmmm....I hadn't thought about it, but crimson and white are awesome! Roll Tide!!!
8. What is your favorite sweet treat?
Any kind of hard candy. Suckers, skittles, laffy taffy, that's my kind of treat!
9. Beach or mountains?
Definitely the beach!
10. What is your favorite shoe brand?
I must think that it is New Balance, because that seems to be the only sneakers that I buy!
11. If you had to choose, would you rather be deaf or blind?
I would rather be blind, and I think that comes from my musical background, because I hear such sweet melodies.
12. Who is your Hollywood crush?
Gee.....there are so many!! I might have to say Taylor Lautner from Twilight. I know, I know....but what can I say!!!!!!
Now on to my 12 questions!
1. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?
2. Paper or plastic.
3. What is one thing that you wish you had learned when you were younger?
4. What advice would you give to novice teachers that you wished you had received?
5. Do you like technology? Why or why not?
6. How and why did you begin blogging?
7. Do you have a class pet? Why or why not?
8. If there was one thing that you wished you were allowed to do in your classroom, what would it be?
9. What is your classroom decor style?
10. Where do you want to be in 3 years?
11. What is something that you wished you would have done differently in the beginning of your teaching career?
12. What will you do this weekend?
Now to tag new blog friends...how many? You guessed it, 12!
1. Mrs. Crowder at Sprinkles to Kindergarten!
2. Shannon at Kindergarten Hoppenings
3. Caitlin at Kindergarten Smiles
4. Debra at Fabulously First!
5. Kaleigh at Kaleigh's Classroom
Hmmmm.......I only have 5 new blog friends!! Oh my, that tells me I need to get busy! For the next week my goal is to find 7 new blogs, and tag them also! Whew!!! That was long, but here you are!
~~~~Update~~~Jan. 31~~I told you I planned to find new blogs!!!
6. Lori at Conversations in Literacy